Every once in a while, the internet can feel like a source of shame or just a waste of time. When I’m tempted to throw in my virtual towel and bail on the technology world, I challenge myself to find something uplifting and useful online. Here’s what I’ve found around the web this week.
- This Instagram account full of only good news has been such a light in the sometimes-darkness that is social media.
- I’ve gone back to this Toni Morrison interview several times over the years and found myself watching it again this week. It’s the source of my core parenting philosophy: Does my face light up?
- People are amazing: this hero, his family, and those donating to this campaign.
- Have you heard of emotional labor? Even if you haven’t, its definition will likely bring a chill of recognition down your spine. Whether you’ve heard of it before or not, the article linked will help you start to take steps toward evening things out in your own relationship.
- Tara Brach’s podcast episode Worrier Pose: Finding Freedom from the Body of Fear. Fear has been on my mind a lot lately and this podcast helped me make more sense of it.
- Made me laugh. #disneynerdforlife
- I loved hearing about Elaine Pagels’ resilience and spirituality through tragedy.
I’m so glad you’re here. Have a beautiful weekend.