Every once in a while, the internet can feel like a source of shame or just a waste of time. When I’m tempted to throw in my virtual towel and bail on the technology world, I challenge myself to find something uplifting and useful online. Here’s what I’ve found around the web this week.
- I love the idea of Superthinking: giving yourself time and space to think about your thinking and let yourself think your way into solutions.
- Pro tip: Add emotional work to your literal to-do list, honoring it and giving it the space in your life it demands.
- My kids have long loved Cosmic Kids Yoga, but I especially loved the mindfulness video they chose a few days ago: Super Power Listening.
- The last ten minutes of this interview are well worth a listen: “I needed to be my own keeper first. Once I did that, I started making better choices and realizing my own value.” and “Your life is informed as much by your mistakes as your triumphs.”
- I love seeing what Instagram looks like now versus a year ago, when I was still in the trenches of diet-culture and following a lot of “healthy eating” and “fitspo” accounts. Having unfollowed all of those and replaced them with body positive and intuitive eating accounts, this New Year feels very different. This post helped bring that home for me.