Every once in a while, the internet can feel like a source of shame or just a waste of time. When I’m tempted to throw in my virtual towel and bail on the technology world, I challenge myself to find something uplifting and useful online. Here’s what I’ve found around the web this week.
- Do transitions give you a hard time? Me, too. This podcast episode has already helped me since I listened to it a couple days ago.
- My favorite parenting article this week compares great parents to great teachers: “Just like the great teachers that inspired us to do our best work, we must choose discipline strategies that encourage our kids to do the hard work of behavior change and fuel the internal motivation needed for accomplishment.”
- Speaking of parenting, and in case you missed the headlines, spanking is officially “minimally effective in the short-term and not effective in the long-term.”
- A powerful reality check for anyone curious about how PTSD affects military families.
- Is anyone else very, very into A Star is Born? If so, you’ll be as thrilled as I was to listen to Terry Gross’s interview of Bradley Cooper from Fresh Air this week.
- This is great news – the better we treat the mentally ill, the better we treat the mentally ill parts of ourselves (which we all have), and the better off we all are.
Have a beautiful weekend. Thank you for being here.