The internet is such a frenemy, right? Whenever I find myself hating what I see online, I either get offline, or I deliberately find something to love. On that note, here’s what’s helping me lately:
- Turning Red, the latest Pixar-Disney offering, is pissing (white) people off, which is pissing me off.
- I’ve been using Meetup lately and loving it. Insert photos of me hiking with new friends in real life.
- This was on repeat at my house the other night. So freaking fun.
- Also repeating this daily. I’m a long-time Brandi fan. Brandi + Miley? It just works.
- “We are hurt in relationships, and we are healed in them, too.” (And: “When I bent, my soul fell out.” 💔)
- For my LDS friends: This historical overview of The Word of Wisdom is fascinating and empowering. It’s worth your time, especially if you’re trying to sort out what is most wise for you.
- I’m thinking about hosting a webinar on this topic. I recently attended an anger-release breathwork session with my friend Abby and it felt sooooo good; I’m betting you could use some rage-release, too.
- Might make this soon. Who’s coming over?
- I’m constantly teaching clients to let emotions come and go, to let themselves be a beginner. This poem helps get the point across.
- Since just scanning these quotes left me bawling, it might be time for a reread of this wonderful novel.
- In other reading news: I devoured this book, watched the movie with my kids, then immediately watched this documentary. Highly recommend all three, consecutively, in a row.
- Did you catch the latest episode of Freak on a Leash? This interview with Sarah Hill Olsen (Air Force Academy graduate, Hurricane Hunter, and, lucky me, my sister-in-law) is all about joining the church as a young adult and navigating marriage on your own terms.
What’s the best thing you’ve seen online this week? I’d love to hear!
Want to work together? Start the process by completing this form!