Every once in a while, the internet can feel like a source of shame or just a waste of time. When I’m tempted to throw in my virtual towel and bail on the technology world, I challenge myself to find something uplifting and useful online. Here’s what I’ve found around the web this week.
- My cool brother sent me this interview between Bon Iver and Zane Lowe: “One-on-one therapy was insanely helpful.” (The unofficial Theramonial starts around 7:30.)
- This blog post about Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder is fascinating, as is Gabrielle’s entire series on the topic.
- I almost signed up for this writing course! It looks like such nerdy, body-shame-fighting fun. Any of you taking it?
- Speaking of body shame (seems like I never shut up about it lately!), I loved Brooke Castillo’s podcast episode this week. All about how to train your brain to think about your body more neutrally.
- I’m super into this t-shirt. Therapy nerds, check it out!
- A few other podcasts I’m into: Jessi Jean’s rant against Weight Watchers; Terri Gross’s interview with Hannah Shaw, professional kitten rescuer (cutest job of all the jobs); Oprah’s ode to Toni Morrison; everything from Malcolm Gladwell’s Revisionist History (hello roadtrip listening).
- The New Yorker’s review of the book I’m reading this week sells it better than I ever could.
- Have you found me on Instagram yet? I’m constantly cracking myself up on there.
Have a wonderful weekend, and, as always, thank you for being here.